The engagement had five objectives:
- To explain and raise awareness of the Greater Christchurch Spatial Plan and the role of the Urban Growth Partnership.
- To let the community know about the proposed ‘turn up and go’ public transport service and route.
- To ask the community for feedback on the work done to date on the draft Greater Christchurch Spatial Plan, the 'turn up and go’ public transport service investigation (Mass Rapid Transit Indicative Business Case)) and the Transport Plan.
- To deliver a visible and engaging campaign that encourages the community to talk about how we plan for, and adapt to, the future challenges facing Greater Christchurch, including population growth and climate change with a clear line of sight to intergenerational wellbeing and the community aspirations articulated through community engagement in 2020.
- To engage with the many audiences that make up the Greater Christchurch community, encouraging active and meaningful participation by stakeholders and the public.